Wednesday, July 22, 2009

That Time

I've neglected my blog lately; this is because it was "that time". Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. Downing aspirin like candy, complaining, water weight gain, all that good stuff. I came through with only minor breaks in my diet. Today I'm back down to the weight I was before "that time" so I consider that a small victory.

"That time" is always a nuisance for me. I'll be doing fantastic and feeling very motivated for 3 solid weeks. And then the monthly visitor shows up and I don't feel like doing anything except drink wine, eat salty snacks and talk on the phone. Crying at cheesy TV shows is also an occasional symptom. I managed to still force myself to go to the gym but I did eat more salty snacks than I should have. I believe I also had Chinese food (take out) as well but it wasn't curry and I didn't have chips (fries) with it so I feel like that's something, anyway.

The bottom line is, I have absolutely no tips on how to handle "that time". If anyone does, I welcome them! I get cravings for bad things to eat and drink and can barely control myself. Please let me know if there's a wonder drug out there that will make it all go away! I do have two judgemental cats who look at me in disgust when I reach for the popcorn which helps lay on the guilt a little.

Anyway, that's all I have for you today. Perhaps I'll be more helpful next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment