Saturday, December 12, 2009

I'm back on the wagon!

Ok, so I fell off the wagon for a few months and was therefore a bit embarrassed to write. It's happened to all of us at one point or another. The important thing is that I am back in business and ready to lose weight and look foxy. My goal is to look great for my upcoming trip to San Francisco next year.

I've started going back to the gym; staying late at work and being on vacation led to a significant decrease in gym visits. This time, I actually talked to the trainer there and he put together a program for me mixing cardio and resistance training. I was previously only doing cardio for an hour a day and can feel the difference in my sore muscles!

He put together a daily plan for me so I alternate between working arms and legs and always 30 minutes of cardio as well. He explained to me that resistance training can actually keep burning calories longer than just cardio by itself. I've promised to commit to an hour a day 5 days a week.

Today is Saturday and I am trying to figure out what I'll do for exercise today. I should really get back on the Wii Fit but honestly, I know I've put on a little bit of weight since I last used it and I don't want it to yell at me! I suppose I'll just have to face the music.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment