Saturday, July 11, 2009

Treat Yourself

There's nothing I like more than presents or little treats. It doesn' t take much to make me happy. For instance, today I got a good haircut and I'm nearly manic with happiness. Plus it's Saturday and I'm listening to 80s music so for me, it just doesn't get better than that!

When I first wanted to seriously focus on losing weight, I was denying myself everything. I'd tell myself I wouldn't get my hair cut until I lost enough weight (never defining "enough") or I wouldn't buy any new clothes. I learned quickly that this is not the way to go. The breaking point was one day when I looked at myself in the mirror and saw snarly, dry hair that was starting to fall out in alarmingly large clumps and jeans that were far too big on me and actually made me look fatter. I looked like I didn't care about my appearance at all.

What I do now is celebrate small victories and go get something for myself. Today I fit into a pair of jeans that hadn't fit me in a long time so I got my hair cut. Well, ok - I did make the appointment yesterday because I really needed it cut but still...

Tomorrow, I plan to try to get my husband to take me shopping for new shampoo and other nice things; maybe some more bath stuff and lotions.

Those jeans are still a tiny bit snug in the thighs so I'll probably be trying them on every single day until I feel comfortable wearing them out in public, at which time I'll probably buy something else for myself.

I'm also thinking it's about time to get a massage. Weigh-in day is tomorrow for me so we'll see how much weight I've lost and how big a treat I deserve for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment