Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Hard Way

I'm a woman in her 30s trying to lose weight. I think those of you in my position will agree that this is no easy task.

I've never been thin, but I was ok until I got married and let myself go!

I've tried many diets and I have to say that the one I like the best and the one I am sticking to (for the most part) is Weight Watchers. I say "for the most part" because I don't rigidly count points anymore. After a couple of years of doing it, I know how many points I can take in daily.

Anyway, I've started losing weight and have gone down a couple of sizes in clothes. When people ask me what I'm doing or what my secret is, I tell them I'm doing it "the hard way". I tell them I am eating less and exercising; I do three days a week at the gym and most weekends I am on my Wii Fit. Their faces fall and they say that they don't have time for that.

It seems everyone wants a quick way to lose weight. There certainly are quick ways; I know that firsthand; the problem with those diets is that you put the weight back on just as quickly as you lost it.

The best way is the hard way. Watch what you eat and get active! I currently have software that I use to track what I eat and how much I've exercised. It's very comprehensive and it tells me how many calories I'm eating as opposed to how much I'm burning. I'm proud to say that currently I burn more than I eat! I will weigh and measure myself this weekend to see how I've done for the week - the software tracks all of that as well.

I'll be updating this blog as often as I can. I'll be talking about challenges I face and how I've overcome them and I won't always talk about trying to lose weight!

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to finally hear someone say, "the hard way is best"! If you truly want to lose weight and keep it off, it's the only way really. Keep it up, it will surely pay off!

    ReplyDelete